Cape & Long Hand Gloves

Monday 23 November 2015

This season's hottest cover-up (and my personal outwear favourite): The cape. 
Since style icons Grace Kelly and Doris Day made it popular in the 50s it is an absolute synonym of style, femininity and chic. 

So today I decided to share with you this cape look I've been wearing a lot lately and that I absolutely adore. Me and my mum shot these photos while she was visiting me in Berlin, so I'm really excited to hear your opinion on them! 

I have to admit that I haven't always been a big cape fan, maybe because I didn't really know how to style it right. But ever since I found the perfect way for me I could simply not stop wearing this trendy piece!

 This is why I thought it might be useful to share with you my personal tips on rocking this trend. Maybe you will find some of them useful as well and start loving cape even more, exactly like I did. :)

1. Since the cape has a voluminous cut try to combine it with skinny jeans, leather leggings and pencil skirts in order to create a balanced silhouette. Please try to avoid boyfriend jeans, palazzo pants and maxi dresses. After all, you don't want to look like a sack of potatoes, right?

2. Too thin heels is another no-go, because they can look unproportional due to the volume in the upper half of the body. So please forget about penny heels. 
You can go for ankle boots, loafers, overknees and block/wedge heels instead. 

3. The ¾ size of the cape causes your hands to shake? No problem! Just wear a warm sweater underneath,  roll up its sleeves and add hip leather hand gloves in 50s style (another absolute must-have this season). This way the cold has definitely no chance at all!
post signature

Една от най-модерните връхни дрехи този сезон (и мой абсолютен фаворит)- т.н. cape, разбира се (моля нека не го бъркаме с пончото!)

Още през 50те любимец на модни икони като Грейс Кели и Дорис Дей, този сезон той завладя отново стрийтстайл сцената. 

Трябва да призная, че не винаги съм била особен фен на cape-а, може би поради простата причина, че просто не знаех как точно да го съчетавам. Наскоро обаче мисля, че намерих подходящата комбинация, която днес реших да споделя с вас, както и моите малки съвета за носенето му.  

1. Тъй като кройката на дрехата-"наметало" е по-обемна ви съветвам в долната част на тялото да заложите на тесни дрехи, за да създадете добре пропорциониран силует. 
Скини дънки, кожени клинове и поли молив например са добра идея, а 
бойфренд дънки, широки панталони и поли за сметка на това пък - no-go

2. Тънки токчета в комбинация с обемното наметало нарушават баланса в силуета. Ето защо е по-уместно да заложим на боти до глезена, обувки с платформа/дебел ток или пък ботуши до коляното.

3. ¾- дължина на cape-а може да не ви се струва особено разумна в хладните зимни дни. Нека преборим студа с топъл пуловер отдолу и дълги ръкавици (друг абсолютен must-have този сезон) в стил 50-те. 
post signature
   

3 comments:

  1. thats a cute cape, i like the beanie on you :)
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cape with the leather gloves!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments, it makes my day reading them.
I appreciate every single one and I will do my best to answer as soon as I can.

For questions or feedback please don't hestitate to contact me at geyy92@gmail.com